THE JASON FOUNDATION
Bailey has teamed up with The Jason Foundation to serve as the first national teen advocate to raise awareness for suicide prevention on behalf of this important non-profit organization. This honor places Bailey alongside longtime musical ambassadors Charlie Daniels and Rascal Flatts.
Be Aware, Be Able, Be Prepared
B1 FOR A FRIEND!
Be aware and understand the problem of youth suicide.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth ages 10-24 (2015 CDC WISQARS)
BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY
Be able to identify warning signs in a friend who may be hurting. Look for these warning signs in your friends:
- Suicide threats
- Anger, increased irritability
- Lack of interest in activities they once enjoyed
- Sudden increase/decrease in appetite
- Sudden changes in appearance
- Dwindling academic performance
- Preoccupation with death and suicide
- Previous suicide attempts
BE PREPARED TO ACT
You should never be afraid to talk to someone who may be depressed or at-risk. At the very least, they will know there is someone who cares for them. You should also have an action plan in case a friend or family member shows signs of suicidal ideation. Taking the B1 pledge will help you “Be Prepared.”
WHERE DO I GO FOR HELP?
- Your favorite teacher/coach
- Guidance councelor
- Trusted adult
- Crisis line such as 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (273-8255)
- Local mental health center